Sign in to follow this  
Lynn H

Difference between Clicktrait and others?

What's the difference between Clicktrait and VWO for instance? Because I see that VWO has more tools, but maybe I'm missing out on something?

And can I use Clicktrait in combination with UX tools such as Hotjar? I would like to record user sessions for the different A/B tests; would this be a problem?

Hello Lynn !

Welcome to our forum :) I hope you have been enjoying Clicktrait thus far.

At this current moment, VWO has more tools and options than Clicktrait does. Since Clicktrait has just recently exited the beta stage, we are now working on improving the existing tools and keep adding new features. However, there is one big important difference and that is: we have designed Clicktrait in such a manner so that you can setup an entire MV or AB testing campaign in less than five minutes. Without even having to read nor watch tutorials about Clicktrait's tools. This is something many competitors struggle with, they keep adding a lot of features and it becomes increasingly hard for new users to get started easily. For instance the Google Analytics tools and their AB testing platform is quite complex for beginners and make take a few hours for a newbie to start using it.

You can definitely use Clicktrait with Hotjar. It will not do any harm in any way to the website experience of your visitors. However, it may load a fraction of a second longer than normally. But that's normal when doing testing and data gathering of course.

Unfortunately you cannot setup a different recording session for each A/B variation or campaign in Hotjar. But we are working on our own heatmap & user recording tools;  we have planned to release them in July / August of 2016, so stay tuned for that :)

Is there anything else I can help you with?

Ilya