Sign in to follow this  
ilya

Safe settings for PinBot

Okaay, A lot of you have asked me the question "what are the safest PinBot settings for my accounts?".
I guess it's time to make a post about this.

First let me give a rant: PinBot is not a mass spam tool to get your accounts banned. PinBot should be used to help you market your products or brand and save you a lot of time by automating various tasks. I am not responsible for any banning that occurs from neglect to obey the rules.
Secondly it's important to use brand new accounts manually for a week before loading it into any automation tool (including PinBot).

The numbers and settings I wrote below should be a guideline but they are not guarantees; they are what I have been using since 2011 with almost no banned accounts.

So, How many pins per day?
New accounts: none, get some followers first.
Aged accounts: between 1 and 70

How many repins per day?
New accounts: between 1 and 20
Aged accounts: between 1 and 70

How many likes per day?
New accounts: between 1 and 40
Aged accounts: between 1 and 150

How many invites per day?
New accounts: none, get some followers first.
Aged accounts: between 1 and 150

How many comments per day?
New accounts: between 1 and 20
Aged accounts: between 1 and 20

How many messages per day?
New accounts: get some followers first.
Aged accounts: between 1 and 15

How many follows per day?
New accounts: between 1 and 100
Aged accounts: between 1 and 50

How many unfollows per day?
New accounts: none
Aged accounts: between 1 and 50 (preferably none, except if they are spamming or pinning nude/stupid content)

What about timeouts? Keep them between 5 and 20 seconds or longer and you'll do just fine. For pins and repins make them between 10 and 20 seconds to play it safer.

There is a lot of arguing about the follow limit. Some say it's 300/hour, others say 300/day. Well guess what! I say 100/day max. I hate when crappy looking bot-accounts follow me with the expectation of me following them back just so they can fill my feed with their BS spam pins lol.